Apply - Puma Energy Foundation
Banner for submit a project new
Submit A Project
The Puma Energy Foundation considers proposals made for funding from registered NGOs and charities that are active in the regions where Puma Energy operates, or from Puma Energy staff. Please carefully read the selection criteria below to determine whether your project matches our philanthropic mission and if your organisation would be eligible for a grant.
Please ensure your project:
- Relates to one of the Foundation’s areas of focus: Fair and Sustainable Employment, Clean and Safe Logistics
- Is based in a location where Puma Energy is active. For the full list of Puma Energy global locations, please see: www.pumaenergy.com
- Aims to achieve tangible, measurable impact
- Includes outcomes that are sustainable and lasting
Fair and Sustainable Employment: we support programmes that are able to
- Foster income generating opportunities for the most vulnerable communities.
- Fostering innovative social enterprises that have the potential to tackle root causes of poverty in a sustainable manner.
Clean and Safe Logistics: we fund projects that are able to
- Improve health and safety of populations impacted by logistics activities.
- Tackle environmental issues caused by transportation or infrastructure at land and sea.
Note that the Foundation does not fund the following:
- Academic or medical research
- Individual requests for scholarship or financial support
- Projects presented through a third party, such as fundraising or marketing service-providers
- General fundraising events
- Sports events, charity balls or galas
- Projects pursuing religious or political objectives
- Projects unrelated to one of our key areas of focus
- Projects not located in a country where Puma Energy is active
Please email your application containing the following documents – in English
Once you have made sure that your project matches our criteria above, we also suggest that you also double-check the eligibility of your submission by checking the FAQs section. After you have done that please email us:
- Short summary of your project (please fill in this form link to initial funding request, provided as separate document)
- Cover letter explaining why you are calling on the Foundation's financial support and how you think the project can connect with our office people
- The statutes of your organisation
Please do not send materials exceeding the above requirements.
If the proposal is in line with our criteria and priorities, we will follow up and ask for further information in due course. Please note that if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, you may consider that your application has unfortunately not been successful.
DOES MY PROJECT RELATE TO ONE OF THE PUMA ENERGY FOUNDATION’S AREAS OF FOCUS?
The Puma Energy Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Puma Energy, and its mission is promoting health and wellbeing among the communities where our founding company operates. Your project must fit under one of our two areas of focus: Fair and Sustainable Employment or Clean and Safe Logistics. To learn more about our focus areas visit the selection criteria’s page.
IS THERE A PUMA ENERGY OR PUMA ENERGY-RELATED BUSINESS ENTITY IN THE COUNTRY WHERE MY PROJECT IS IMPLEMENTED?
The Puma Energy Foundation wishes to create as many opportunities as possible for Puma Energy employees to interact with and contribute to its philanthropic endeavours. We are keen to generate interest in and awareness of the socio-economic issues affecting the communities they are part of, no matter where they are in the world. As a consequence, we tend to favour projects based in locations where Puma Energy is active. For the full list of Puma Energy global locations, please see: www.pumaenergy.com.
IS THE IMPACT OF MY PROJECT TANGIBLE AND CONCRETE?
This is a key feature your project must have to be eligible for a grant from the Foundation. The outcome of your project must make a genuine and measurable difference to the communities and people concerned. We do not accept projects which do not meet this requirement, such as data-collection surveys, fundraising events, conferences or seminars, epidemiological studies, evaluation/assessment surveys, etc.
ARE THE OUTCOMES OF MY PROJECT SUSTAINABLE?
The sustainable and long-lasting effects of your project must be demonstrated. The Foundation believes that sustainability is essential and that it cannot be genuinely achieved if the post-assistance period is not envisioned from the outset and if beneficiaries do not take gain gradual autonomy during the project period. We are aware that this can be a far-reaching objective, and that time is often needed. When relevant, the Foundation may consider a multi-year partnership.
WOULD A GRANT FROM THE FOUNDATION MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO MY FUNDING STRUCTURE?
The Foundation wishes to narrow down its support to small- to medium-sized NGOs or small projects within larger NGOs. The idea is that we would like our financial support to make a real difference to receiving structures. We are keen to avoid our grants being diluted amid a wide range of other donor contributions, with little significance in the overall project's funding structure.
IF MY PROJECT FITS ALL OF THE FOUNDATION’S CRITERIA, WILL IT SYSTEMATICALLY RECEIVE A GRANT?
No. Although the Puma Energy Foundation will not consider applications that do not match with our criteria, matching all our criteria is not a guarantee for success. There are naturally constraints and considerations to do with our internal objectives and priorities that will influence our final decision regarding a given application.